Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Am I slow?


I think I've been living under a rock...

Today I discovered Frankie magazine, through Sweet William's wonderful blog. I hadn't heard of it before, but after work picked up a copy (which by the way, seems to be the last issue, and not the one which Sweet William are talking about, which must come out in a few days), and it's great.

It's a really styley Australian magazine about art, fashion, music, craft and life, filled with lots of wonderful stories, photos, products, illustrations and ads (yes, I like ads). I especially love the 'Frank Bits' section which shows off lots of wee things, sites, products etc that all rock (snippet pictured to the right, love love love love those wallets).

If you haven't already, get into it, now leave me alone so I can give it the time it deserves, ha ha!

4 comments:

  1. Oh welcome to the wonderful world that is Frankie! My absolute favourite publication EVER, not only for the wonderful content, but how about the typography and layout! (mmmm, typography...) We're a little slow behind Australia with getting our precious issues, and some retailers don't get their A into G.

    Thanks for the follow too! I found your lovely blog (very awesome I might add) through songbird designs.. the web is a teeny tiny place.

    Keep it crafty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found it - yes that is not the latest edition, we got ours hot off the press at Mag Nation but I think most places will only get the new issue this week sometime. It is super stylie and we are so excited they picked little 'ol us and our queenie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comments (not used to that, ha ha!) xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great mag, I'm going to keep an eye out for it, hopefully the new issue isn't too far off hitting the NZ shelves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they make my day!
Em x