Sunday, 19 July 2009

A wee world in a jar

I've wanted a terrarium for ages, after stumbling across so many sweet wee items to make them funky on Etsy, and then looking them up on Flickr.

My Sunday afternoon project was making one and this is how it turned out (click on photo to see it larger). It was pretty easy - there's lots of instructions on the net. Mine consists of medium sizes stones, tiny stones, charcoal (made for aquarium filters - bought from a pet shop), soil, a 'Scleranthus Uniflorus' and a touch of moss from our backyard. I'm not sure if the plant is 'suitable' but it looks sweet. Oh yeah, and a cute wee fawn to finish it off!

I'll be back later in the week with new brooches, see ya then!

4 comments:

  1. ooooh, I really like it! You know me, I'm a sucker for fawns! hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I have a thing for deers and fawns too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen these before! So very cool and the fawn is so cute, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they make my day!
Em x