Sunday, 2 August 2009

The handmade world of Coraline

Just a quick note about my shop. I now have NZ stamp brooches available (see above for an example). They range in price from $15 - $25 and feature some truely gorgeous stamps, dating back to the 1960s.

I have been hanging out for the film Coraline to get to NZ for so long... it opened overseas in February and it's already out on DVD over there. It finally starts here this Thursday. I went to an advanced screening last night expecting a lot from it, and it didn't disappoint! If you don't know anything about Coraline, it's a animated stop-motion film based on Neil Gaiman's novel (of the same name). Coraline Jones finds a small door in her new home, which leads her to a magical, wonderful alternate version of her life. Of course all is not as perfect as it seems....

It was quite dark and creepy, which I loved, and I was amazed at how long it was for a stop-motion film. It was also in 3D, which rocked!!! Go and see it, or buy the DVD if you're overseas. It also has a pretty wicked website, with great music, which I think the movie lacked a bit of. That's my only criticism though.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, 'real' work's been incredibly hectic, hopefully this week will be better. Crafty Business tomorrow night, so that's a good start to the week, it doesn't feel like a month since the last one!

Em

2 comments:

  1. Love the stamp brooches Emma, so cool with such a classic kiwana flair to them! I just watched the trailer for Coraline on the website - it looks awesome, will look forward to seeing it (thanks for posting about it - I had not even heard of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Coraline! It was very cute and had to be difficult to make.. I attempted stop-motion once- "attempted" is the key word. :D haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they make my day!
Em x