Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Feeling thankful


Love this: Leah Dieterich's mother always told her to write thank you notes. So she does. To everything. thxthxthx is her daily exercise in gratitude. Website here.

I'm not sure why, but lately I've been feeling very thankful. Nothing in particular has happened to make me feel that way, but I've just been feeling lucky to have such good friends, new relationships, good health and a happy and generally stable life. Of course there are parts of my life I would really like to change, but overall, things are good. I've been trying pretty hard not to stress about things, to appreciate the small things that make my days happier, and to concentrate my energy on those things rather than the less enjoyable parts (meaning my fulltime job really), and it seems to be working for me.

This could have been brought on by this post I read yesterday, which made me re-realise that life is short. I don't know Lou or her family, but it brought tears to my eyes.

What are you thankful for?

Em x

8 comments:

  1. couple of great links. I a big fan of thank you notes and any reason to feel happy about monday has to be treasured:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post, and thanks for the link to seaside siblings. I had seen her cool stuff on Felt, but hadn't yet found her blog. Yup - it's always good to smell the roses and be thankful. Always good to look back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was touched by lou's post too. I have thought about it alot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Lou's post too and by the end of it I just sat and took it all in again and was amazed at her courage. Behind that lovely smile, is someone who really went through something incredibily tough.

    I agree we should count our blessings more. I am grateful for the good health we get to enjoy. Colds and Flus are nothing compared to what other people have to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for such a thoughtful post. Nice to see you at craft business this week and I hope all goes well for you on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone.

    Thanks for your comments... I have no idea why it's only showing half of them - I'm sure the others will reappear sometime... I haven't deleted them or anything!

    I'm glad others have found reading Lou's post a rewarding experience.

    Colleen - I know! Mondays suck the big one, so any reason to make them better is good!

    Neen - Nice to see you too, I love your Russian Dolls! Hopefully see you at the next one too! And thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank Em for your kind words. I was quite overwhelmed by the lovely responses I received. It was actually very therapeutic to write it all down and in a funny way, set myself free from that experience- if that makes sense.

    I have a babysitter booked for Sunday, so looking forward to coming to craft affair and meeting a few of these lovely, talented bloggers in person and seeing their creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool post! Thank you for sharing - it is a great reminder to me, to be more grateful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they make my day!
Em x