Tuesday, 23 November 2010

The amazing work of Ron Mueck

In the weekend my boyfriend and I went to see the Ron Mueck exhibition at the Christchurch Art Gallery. It was one exhibition I really didn't mind paying to see and it didn't disappoint; it was amazing! His human sculptures are so realistic, right down to the hair, toenails and skin blemishes, and the videos showing his process were very informative and intriguing. I enjoyed the undersized sculptures as much as the oversized ones, and my favourites were probably Dead Dad and Pregnant Woman (both pictured) .

You have to go if you live in Christchurch! Unusually, you're allowed to take photos in this exhibition, but I didn't know that until I was there without my camera. The exhibition is on until January 23rd, more information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, they make my day!
Em x