Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Help mend Christchurch!


The amazing Maddie of Li'l Magoolie has done it again! Even though she lives in Christchurch, she's managed to find the time to organise an awesome auction of amazing items. So please help mend my broken city, every dollar from the auctions goes to the Red Cross NZ Christchurch Quake Relief. Bid from now until March 30th.
Information about the auction here.
Or get in and bid on items
here.

I can't do a blog post about my quake experience just yet, and I'm not sure if I ever will. At the moment I can't keep my mind on anything and everything is feeling rather overwhelming. It's weird... I was fine until two days ago but now everything is raw. I'm happy to be alive and still have all my friends, house and job. Life is short and some families have lost so much. Our city is hurting.

Thanks for all your messages making sure I was okay. You're all lovely. Thankfully I wasn't in The Press building at the time, I was signing up to give blood as part of my 30 Before 30 list. If you'd like to see some of my photos from the day you can check them out on Facebook.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, those photos are amazing. Thinking of you hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your second paragraph are my words exactly. But I cant seem to even manage to write that at the moment! Glad you and your family are safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Scribbles. (Sorry my brain is completely fuzzy and I can't remember your name at the moment...).

    Hi Julia. You have no idea how long it took me to write that paragraph... ages and many tears! Don't worry, no one expects you to say anything anytime soon. I hope you and your family are all ok too! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even sew at the moment . . . and I can ALWAYS sew. I just get home from work and crash out on the sofa . . . and drink, truth be told (bet I'm not the only one!). It's a weird combination of being utterly exhausted and, at the same time, completely wired. So glad to hear that you are OK. Given where you work I was a bit anxious so I am very relieved to see you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys, I'm so so so sorry about your experiences and your raw nerves. I can't even fathom what it's like. But in my 'day job' I work for a healthcare agency up here in AKL...we are helping the local Christchurch GPs open up their clinics again...soon there will be lots of counselling services on offer soon for the community. If you can, try and have a talk with someone.... We are all thinking of you and doing all we can. Hugs, Aimee @ Lily Pad....xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to hear you are okay - our hearts ache for Christchurch and those who call it their home. Take care of yourself x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they make my day!
Em x